Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Granddad!!

We had a really good weekend together!! Friday night Brad and I hung out at the house and played with Will and Toby. It is nice to have a night where nothing has to be done, and we can relax and just be together as a family. Saturday morning we woke up and Will and I went out to the courts and watched Daddy play tennis. It was nice weather, and we had a good time. Aunt Abigail came over with Gus and they spent the night with us! Will got to go to his first football party Saturday night...since Nana was too sick to keep him this Saturday night. We went to Danny and Emily's house for the Alabama/Georgia game. Even though Georgia lost, we went away happy because we found out our good friends are expecting a baby the day after Will's first birthday!! We are SO happy for them!

Sunday we had plans to go to Nana and Granddad's for his birthday which is actually tomorrow. I had made his cake on Saturday, and I thought it looked cute...if you take away Gus' nose smudge...I didn't think he would raise up to the counter and put his nose in the cake. :)

We ended up having dinner at their house. We got to give Granddad the picture book we made him of Will. I think he really liked it. Shutterfly is such a great website!! Grandmother, Lou, Cousin Joshua, his girlfriend, Amanda, and Aunt Karen were there, too. It was such a nice time for visiting. While we were there, Granddad put Will in his Johnny Jump. Granddad loves Will's feet, so he was playing with them while Will was trying to jump. I had to get a shot of that.

In other news, Brad is feeling much better. He is almost back to normal. He is having another test next week, so we will see if anything is found with that. At least he is getting back to his old self. Will is still a little sick with his cold. He is the worst in the morning, but getting better each day. So, I kind of feel like my household is getting back to normal. Thank goodness.

There isn't too much going on this week. I have my last tennis lesson on Thursday, and I also go Thursday morning for a doctor's appointment...assuming Brad has gas in his car and doesn't take my van. I waited 20 minutes this morning for less than a 1/2 a tank and paid over $40. Craziness! Brad is getting low, so if he doesn't fill up today he will be taking my van.

Because of the gas, we don't know if we are going to the Breast Cancer Walk or not this weekend. If the problem gets better, we will go. I hope we get to because I want to see the family, but we really enjoy that time, and it is for a good cause. Also, Will has a special outfit to wear that I made him, so I hope he gets to wear it for the walk and not just for a picture. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Will is taking a nap now, and the dryer just finished, so I am off to fold clothes and put more in the washer and dryer. Have a good day.





No comments: