Friday, September 12, 2008

Doctor's appointments

Yesterday was a day for doctors. I woke up and took Will in for his 4 month check-up. He weighed 17 pounds and 1 ounce. He was over 26 inches long. He is in the 80th percentile for height and weight and the 90th percentile for his head diameter. Dr. Messick said he is growing great and just a gorgeous little boy. I told him that I thought Will was teething. He said that he doubted it was time, and just because he is drooling a lot doesn't mean his teeth are ready. When he opened his mouth, he said that Mama was right and that his teeth are about ready to pop. He said that it could be a few weeks or it could be tomorrow. We will see. :)

I went to get Brad's medicine from Walgreens on my way home and found out Brad had just picked it up. He had to come home early because he was hurting. So, I ended up taking him to the doctor, too. We went to the wrong office, so we were late to the appointment. The doctor seems to think it is his gallbladder giving him trouble because gallbladder disease is hereditary, and Rick had his out last summer. He is at Eastside right now having a HIDA scan to look at his gallbladder. If it is okay, then he will be scheduled for a colonoscopy. If it is bad, I guess surgery is coming.

I also took Toby to the vet. He did fine, and I think he was glad to be in the car with just his Mama.

Our doctor friend, Josh, came over and stayed with the boys while I went to my tennis lesson. Will seems to enjoy Josh (see picture). It was good that he was here because Brad can't lift Will. He helped Brad take care of Will for almost 3 hours.

My tennis lesson was really good. It was a little slow moving, but I am learning proper technique. I actually worked up a sweat during drills, so at least I can say he is working us. It was a nice getaway.

I have posted a picture of Will's leg that he got the two shots in. He had another one in the other leg, and an oral vaccine. Then there is a picture of him and his daddy...about the only way they can hang out lately.

We are due to have Will dedicated this Sunday night, but it is going to depend on Brad. Hopefully he will be able to stand for the time we need to be there. I pray that he can. I hope you all have a good weekend.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone that can take pictures of your tennis lesson? I bet you're the star being you're the oldest on the "tennis team"!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope my boy gets well soon. Nana is looking forward to the week-end with him.