Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ready for the Holidays

So, yesterday we visited the HUGE Kidsignment sale at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds. We scored some good deals!!! Nana arrived there about 8:45 a.m. to be in line when the doors opened at 9. She spent over an hour just standing in line once she found the items she wanted to buy. She brought them over to the house and we went through them. Great stuff, I tell you.

Then Will and I went and shopped once they allowed strollers and children inside. I filled up my big bag before Meme even arrived. Once school was out, Meme drove over and met us there. She filled up her cart with clothes for cousin Kate. We only had to stand in line for about 20 minutes, so that was nice. Then we went over to the other building. I scored some really good items. I got Will a table he can pull up on and play with that was Thomas the Train. It was so cute and in REALLY good shape. I also got him a big Fire Truck mega blocks to go with the dump truck I had bought for Christmas at Toys R Us. Thanks to Meme and Nana, Will got about 30 new fall and winter outfits and/or pj sets and I got out of there for $31. :)

When I got home and spent an HOUR taking all the little safety pins and tags off, I noticed two of the outfits had hats (see pictures). They were too cute. I don't know if Daddy liked them too much, but we did. Overall, we were tired when we got home. Will was SO good though and did not fuss the entire time we were there...and we were there three hours.

In other news, Will and I got to meet our new little friend, Kayle Meeks, yesterday. We took dinner over to Quentin and Amanda yesterday afternoon, so we were able to see Kayle who is only 6 days old today. He is so tiny, but so precious!! Will seemed more interested in their 2 1/2 year old daughter, Grayson. What a sweet family.

I also found out that the company that makes Will's crib has recalled all their cribs except for two models...one being the one we have. I called the company this morning and asked why two were not recalled. They couldn't really give me a good answer, but did tell me that the ones that were recalled, the parents knew they weren't sturdy from day one. Ours seems well put together and sturdy, so hopefully there is no problem.

Will is really laughing out loud a lot lately. It is so funny, and I try to get him going as much as I can...just because it makes my heart so happy to see him and hear him laugh.

Oh, Wednesday morning I heard him waking up, so of course, I rolled out of bed with my eyes still closed (even though it was a little after 8 a.m.--but I had been working late the night before). So, I went in his room expecting to see feet kicking and hear lots of talking. Instead, I heard grunting and saw a little head bobbing...he had turned over on his tummy. I am pretty sure he did it while waiting on me, not during the night, but it was so cute. So, yesterday I kept putting him on his back to play and he wouldn't have it. He just rolled over onto his tummy...I think so he could look around and find me, or Toby. It is so funny.

Well, he is napping, so I am going to go get ready for the day. I will post more soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to reading your blog and looking at pictures of my cute grandson! Meme