Tuesday, May 5, 2009

12-month check up

I just realized that a year ago today Brad and I left Northside Hospital with our precious new bundle. Because I had a c-section, I had to stay overnight for three nights...really four if you count the night I was induced, so we were sent home on Monday after he was born on Friday. Wow...our lives changed that day. :)

Yesterday I took Will in to see Dr. Messick for his 12-month check up. He weighed 24 lbs. 1.5 oz. They usually triple their birth weight by their first birthday, and he weighed 8lbs. 9 oz. at birth, so not too bad!! He was 31 inches long. He still has a big head...99th percentile. Haha! There must be a lot of brain in that head! :)

He got his big toe pricked for a hemoglobin test, which turned out fine. He didn't even cry when they pricked him for that. Dr. Messick said he looked great, and that he can start eating any foods he wants, or that we want him to have, except for nuts...you have to wait until their 2nd birthday for that.

Then the fun came...the nurse came in with vaccines. YIKES!! She held his legs and I laid on his arms and tummy and kissed his face while he screamed!! He got two in one thigh and one in the other. Poor little guy. He did get band-aids that matched the one on his toe though. :)

Overall, it was a good visit. He will go back in August for a 15-month check up. It happens to be the first week I return to work, so Daddy may be taking him to that one.

On the way home, I looked in the mirror and Boo-boo was chewing on something blue. Yep, he took the band-aid off his toe and decided to taste it. What am I going to do with this little guy?? Then when I took it out of his mouth, he peeled one off of his thigh...took that one, and he went for the other one. He didn't have band-aids by the time we got home. Too funny!! He has definitely added a lot of laughter to our household this year!!

No comments: