Friday, March 27, 2009

Reunited...

When I was pregnant, a friend of mine passed along several of her son's baby items to me. One of the items she gave me was a Nuby teether. Will LOVES the Nuby teether. Well, Sunday afternoon Will and I went to Kroger, and since he was enjoying chowing down on it in the van, Mama thought there would be no harm in bringing it into the store.

Will did great with it. He chomped on it pretty much throughout the whole store. On the way out the door, I noticed the Nuby was gone. Panic came over me...not the Nuby!! We went back in and asked everyone around the register if they saw it on the floor. No Nuby. I prayed Will had thrown it into one of the bags when I wasn't looking. No such luck.

I looked on-line to see if I could get him another one at a store somewhere. I didn't know where to get them since it had been handed down to me by a friend. I found it on-line, and it said it was not available in stores...Babies R Us didn't even have it on their website. I started to realize the Nuby was gone forever.

Yesterday Will and I had lunch with Aunt Abigail. On the way home, we stopped at Babies R Us to get a gift for someone. Knowing it would not be hanging up somewhere, Will and I went down the aisle the teethers were on. Low and behold...the NUBY!!! Will's face lit up and he started making his grunt he makes when he wants something!!! I didn't care how much that crazy thing was, we were getting it...luckily for Daddy, it was just a few dollars!

Oh the joy that little things bring!! Even Daddy was happy to see the Nuby last night. Needless to say, we will NOT be taking it into another store with us!!























No comments: