Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So long, friend!!

Yesterday afternoon at 3pm, we lost a good friend. After 12 years of swimming in a pool, being a bed buddy, telling on the other dogs when they try to sneak out the house, barking at anything and everything that walked by the house, protecting the ones she loved, eating Chick-fil-A nuggets like they were going out of style, and being a good friend, Rosella Jaquetta (as she is known to the closest to her) left us.

Mom said she went very peacefully and never made a sound. She was wrapped up in granny's blanket and was in Mom's arms.

Rosey was VERY protective of her family...going as far as trying to bite people when they hugged us...remember that, Bobby? :)

We were all worried about how she would take to Will, but she loved him from the beginning. The first time I brought him to the house, I sat on the floor and told her this was my baby. She started sniffing him and then took to him like she was his Mama...licking him all over. Then, a few weeks ago, I thought he would have gotten bit when I saw him with one hand squeezing her neck and the other hand pulling her ear as hard as he could. I think had it been someone else, they would have regretted that decision, but being that it was him, she just looked at him. Good little girl.

Rosey will truly be missed by all who loved her. I hope she is enjoying her new healthy body and all the chicken nuggets she can digest!! We love you, Rosella Jaquetta!!

1 comment:

Lil Langley said...

I am so sorry to hear the news. I had to do the same thing three years ago with my Schnauzer...one of the TOUGHEST days of my life! Y'all will be in my prayers!

Sorry we didn't make the party. Turns out that I had strep throat - wouldn't have been too good of me to show up with that to share! ;) Look forward to seeing you and catching up! Love you guys!