Sunday, December 7, 2008

Look's like we made it...

What a week! Brad and I returned from our wonderful relaxing vacation to a very sick little boy. I think God allowed us such a wonderful time full of sleep and fun to prepare us for the week ahead. Meme had taken Will to the doctor on Tuesday just to learn he had a bad cold. I took him back Wednesday when he was running a fever of 101.5 and had yucky coming out of his nose. Again, nothing wrong but a bad cold.

Thursday he ran the fever and had the nastiest cough I have ever heard. I called afterhours and Dr. Messick called me within 5 minutes. He said to watch him and if he got really fussy or pulled at his ears, he would want to see him again. Then it started. He began to vomit Thursday night and would vomit any time we put anything in his mouth on Friday. I took him to the doctor Friday morning and when we arrived, his temp was 103.8...yikes!!

It turns out Will's left ear was completely infected and inflamed and his right ear was halfway to being like the left. He was crying all the time, and completely miserable. Even the doctor made a comment about how he is not the happy baby he is used to seeing. As much as I didn't want my child to have an infection, the doctor and I were both relieved it was an ear infection.

We went to Publix and got our FREE antibiotic...gotta love that. :) Anyway, he vomitted ALL DAY and NIGHT on Friday. His tummy was messed up, too. Poor little guy...and all he was eating was Pedialyte.

Saturday Nana came over and stayed with him while I ran some errands and daddy played tennis. He was still on his Pedialyte diet and doing better at holding stuff down. He was even able to have some apple banana yogurt later in the day. Nana had a pretty easy job since Will slept for 4 hours yesterday morning into the afternoon.

Then today, this is the picture we have of our sweet little boy. He is crawling around and smiling, and he even took 2 ounces of formula...that is nothing for him, but means a lot to us. It looks like we just might make it after all!! Thank you, Lord!!!

No comments: