Monday, August 3, 2009

Will's 1st day of "school"

So, today was supposed to be my first day back at work. After 15 months of being home with my little boy, I am returning to teaching. However, we have our first two furlough days today and tomorrow. I feel good about this though because that meant I could take Will to Jackie's house both mornings to get used to being there before being there all day. Why he sleeps in the days we have somewhere to go, I don't know. I woke him up at 7:25, got him dressed, and headed out. As soon as we got there, a friend named Lucas came and gave him a hug. He went right in and played, and then gave me some love. Jackie took him from me, he looked back once, and they headed into the kitchen for some pancakes and cantelope. No crying...from either of us. :)
Here are some pictures I got this morning before we left...

Is Toby coming, too??
All right, Mama, I'm ready to go!! (And yes, those are my flip flops in his hands.)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures actually make me really sad!! Just his little face and remembering how it felt going through that.