Saturday, December 20, 2014

So blessed...

Brad and I are so blessed with our boys, our family, our home, and our jobs. Thankfully, Brad has been able to keep his job at Turner this year. Instead of teaching in Gwinnett like I have the past 12 years, I am working at our church teaching pre-K. I have to say that this is the happiest I've ever been with a job, and I treasure each day I have. To show our appreciation to our co-workers, I made these sweet treats for them. I made 30 containers that looked like this. Not only were they decorated differently, but they were different cakes, too.
 One of the best parts of my job is getting to be at school with this little guy each day. He is across the hall from me, and he is SO happy!! This was him yesterday as we were walking in to our Christmas program for the parents. We were also having a Happy Birthday, Jesus party. On the way to school, Daniel asked me what time Jesus would be showing up for his party. Precious.
 This week we also made a gingerbread house together as a family. Will absolutely LOVED doing it. I really feel like taking the cooking class he takes at school is opening his eyes to a lot of creative things in the kitchen. Maybe he can start helping me with my cakes and cupcakes??
 Another great thing about my job is the fact that I am able to go to special activities that Will has at his school. Wednesday was his class play and party. Will played a toy train...he was SO happy when I walked in. I checked him out after the party...we ran some errands, I took him to Stevie B's for lunch, and then we went and picked Daniel up from school. He told me on the way to get Daniel that it was the best day he's ever had alone with me! There are not many moments like that!

No comments: