Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fun with Cousins

My cousin, Ryan, his wife, Jessica, and their kids, Elliott and Grace came and stayed 3 night with us. We had a fun time together. We woke up Friday morning and went to the water park near our house. That afternoon, we took them to the creamery for ice cream. 
 Saturday we woke up and went to Abigail and Nick's house. We had a great time there. It was also nice because Mom, Dad, and Aunt Winnie watched all the kids so myself, Brad, Ryan, Jessica, Abigail, and Nick could go to dinner last night. When we got about 1/2 a mile from home last night, the sheriff stopped me. He told me the road had been closed...the only road to our house. I told him we lived back there, and he said, "but the road is gone." What? I guess there were some storms while we were gone and a creek flooded and washed the road away. We had to go to Clark's Bridge and catch a dive boat home. Jessica had never been on a boat for her...fun story for her first ride. Also, Ryan and I were interviewed by Channel 2 news, and then I talked to 11alive. This story was the top story of the night, and part of my interview made both stations...and all of us were on Channel 2. Too funny!
We had a great time with them, and we can't wait until we see them again!

No comments: